The 2021 Season! Our 84th Year!
Mama Won’t Fly By Jessie Jones, Nicholas Hope, Jamie Wooten Directed by Sandy Goad
The Community Players of Hobbs Production of Elton John & Tim Rice's
directed by Douglas Levy
The Community Players of Hobbs Youth Performing Arts Workshop Production of Disney's
The Hunt (11th Annual Haunted House), directed by Nathan Gibbs and Kevin Combs
October 21-23, 29-31
The Trial of Ebenezer Scrooge
By Mark Brown Directed by Christie Harkness
*All dates subject to change, some performances may be presented online if required, please check back often for the most current information*
Join our mailing list, keep up with all the Playhouse news!
Monday, March 18, 2019
Paul and Corie Bratter are newlyweds in every sense of the word. He’s a straight-as-an-arrow lawyer and she’s a free spirit always looking for the latest kick. Their new apartment is her most recent find – too expensive with bad plumbing and in need of a paint job. After a six-day honeymoon, they get a surprise visit from Corie’s loopy mother and decide to play matchmaker during a dinner with their neighbor-in-the-attic, Velasco, where everything that can go wrong, does. Paul just doesn’t understand Corie, as she sees it. He’s too staid, too boring, and she just wants him to be a little more spontaneous. Running “barefoot in the park” would be a start…
"Barefoot in the Park" is directed by Laura Brewster, and stars Miles Wiseman, Destiny Windham, Sarah Hester, Ken Harkness, Marcus Sparenberg, and Eric Taylor.
Performance dates are April 5, 6, 12, and 13 (8 PM) and April 14 (2 PM). All tickets $10. Click here to purchase tickets.
Friday, March 8, 2019
1. Bring CD or MP3 with audition song (karaoke or backing track preferred. A sound system will be provided.)
2. Copy of sheet music for audition song
3. Tennis shoes/dance shoes/character shoes (small dance audition)
4. Great acting skills ( Cold reads)
5. Great attitudes ( No drama in the DRAMA!)There will be rehearsal schedules at the auditions so those of you auditioning can fill out the conflict calendar that will be on the back of the audition forms.
Sister Act the Musical is directed by Douglas Levy, and performances will be May 31, June 1-2, 7-9.